Setting The Pace At St Kilda JunctionUrban Melbourne, Mark Baljak - Published September 2014
Pace Development Group currently have a planning application before City of Port Phillip for a prized Fitzroy Street, St Kilda site which the prolific developer reportedly paid in excess of $17 million for during the course of 2013. Previously home to the Australian Institute of Management, the existing office block at 181 Fitzroy Street is set to make way for a sizeable building of 177 apartments.
Incidentally 181 Fitzroy Street joints four other Pace Development Group projects within a short distance of St Kilda Junction, enforcing perceptions that the precinct is currently in the midst of an apartment surge.
* 181 Fitzroy Street, St Kilda, currently a six level office building
* Proposed 12 level apartment building at 38.7 metres
* 2,146sqm site with expected GFA of 22,010sqm
* 60 metre frontage to Fitzroy Street
* 177 apartments: 70 x 1BR/1+study, 100 x 2BR/2+study, 7 x 3BR
* 5 level basement car park for 177 vehicles and 55 bicycles